Art Shop Team Member
This art shop team member will be a part of our production team at our Woodbridge location. This position will require an individual to have knowledge of art mediums, framing textiles, and ability to use a computerized mat cutting system.
Most notably we are looking for an awesome team player!
Roma Moulding is proud to be a 2020 award winner for Waterstone Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture Award!
If you feel you can contribute to our positive work environment and possess a strong work ethic with an infectious drive for success- please read on!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of art mediums and methods of mounting for art mediums
- Ability to cut 4 ply and 8 ply mats by hand
- Knowledge of fitting
- Ability to use a computerized mat cutting (CMC) system
- Experience with the use of a dry mount press
- Frame joining using a under-pinner
- Experience framing textiles
- Existing knowledge of framing products, and framing industry specific tools
- Take all reasonable and necessary precautions to ensure personal health and safety as well as that of co-workers and any other person(s)
- Report immediately to management, all unsafe and unhealthy conditions
- Must be computer literate and possess basic arithmetic skills
- Must possess stamina and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Very detail orientated
- Fluent in all aspects of framing
- Creative and a good eye for design
- Works efficiently as part of a team
- Any other duties as assigned by the warehouse leader or CEO
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience in the framing industry is a must
- Good mathematical skills for taking measurement
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
- Quick learner
- This position is full time days Monday to Friday
- At times weekend work may be required in times of high volume
- The standard working week is 40 hours, however due to special project responsibility and deadlines there are times at which work outside of these hours will be required
- On-the-job training is provided
- This area carries a moderate decision-making ability
- This individual has a moderate to high level of responsibility
Ability to: Work with various team members. This area carries a low to moderate decision-making ability. This individual has a low to moderate level of responsibility, which helps produce as many joined frames as available on a daily basis. The total amount will vary depending on orders. Read orders, check orders, and verify content of orders. Pay attention to details.
Education and Experience: Warehouse experience as asset. Framing experience an asset.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume online to: email@example.com with subject as: Art Shop Team Member in Woodbridge, ON, Canada.