We are currently seeking a Frame Cutter to work with our production team based out of our Woodbridge Ontario location. This is a permanent full time position with benefits upon successful completion of the probationary period. Are you someone that has a positive outlook and you are willing to learn?
This position requires an individual to properly mitre cut the moulding using the mitre saw or table saw according to the specified size and style of moulding. This position also requires an individual to learn how to join frames together using glue and a “V” nailer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify moulding number matches customer order
- Verify quality of moulding before cutting
- Cutting moulding throughout the entire day on a mitre saw/table saw
- Must know how to read a ruler (gauge table on saw)
- Must understand terms such as site size, standard allowance, outside dimensions, inside dimensions, exact, etc
- Must distinguish the moulding by style and colour
- Joining frames
- Must be able to make corner samples as well as joined frames
- Keep work area neat and tidy
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Must know how accurately use a tape measure and understand cutting instructions (types of dimensions)
- Must have basic understanding of V mitre operation, ability to saw. This is a “hands on” job which requires the ability to mix and match colours
- Communicate with the order pickers on a daily basis
- On the Job training, experience as asset. Framing experience an asset
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Take all reasonable and necessary precautions to ensure personal health and safety as well as that of co-workers and any other person(s)
- Report immediately to management, all unsafe and unhealthy conditions.
- Report immediately to management, all occurrences that cause injury or damage to any person or property
- Make use of safety materials, equipment, devices and clothing, which are intended, for personal protection
- Comply with Roma Moulding Health and Safety program and procedures
- The standard working week is 40 hours
- On-the-job training is provided
- This area carries a moderate decision-making ability
- This individual has a moderate level of responsibility
- Pay attention to details
- Lifting and carrying is required up to 20 to 60 pounds
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume online to: email@example.com with subject as: Frame Cutter in Woodbridge, ON.