Junior Graphic Designer
We are ideally seeking a current Junior Graphic Design Intern. The Junior Graphic Designer will provide design support for assigned projects and programs Are you passionate about design, energetic and positive if so read on…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding of the practices and principles of direct, print, web & social marketing, corporate branding, creative briefs process, concept development, advertising, sales promotion, pre-press production and product design.
- Ability to support the execution of deliverables for all projects and programs across various mediums.
- Support implementation of standardized processes for the design and development of all new media and marketing pieces as it relates to the role.
- Excellent ability to interpret and implement creative direction.
- Provide insight and feedback on projects under development.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present ideas – both verbally and visually.
- Support creative release to print-ready artwork for use in publications, catalogues, promotional materials, direct mail campaigns, etc.
- Support and develop production in digital format for use on company web site, e-marketing campaigns, mobile, on and offline video etc.
- Assume support role for the marketing team for various product related productions including but not limited to:
- Design, concept, photography, layout and production.
- Proofreading all print and digital material – employing superb accuracy and attention to detail.
- Special attention paid to pricing and product support programs.
- Ability to support and deliver to the Marketing team design/layout needs in various formats including print, web, mobile etc. for use in advertising (outdoor and indoor), social media, tradeshow representation, sales support materials, online presence and more.
- Manage and update corporate image and video libraries with accuracy and timeliness.
- Support the management and update of marketing inventory program(s) including supplies, fulfillment, re-orders, storage and more.
- Work as part of a team (internal and external stakeholders) – printers, copywriters, photographers, account managers, web developers, other designers and marketing specialists.
- Proficiency in all Adobe design programs including but not limited to Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Maintain current knowledge and continually develop skills in latest desktop publishing and other industry software.
- Ensure all marketing and advertising materials reflect corporate brand and related standards.
- Overflow support of office reception and other duties as required by the Roma team.
Reporting to: Marketing Leader and/or CEO
- This position will ideally be working out of our Woodbridge office but given the current circumstances there is flexibility in working remotely
- This position will be a contract role with full time hours (40)
- A current post-secondary student in design education in design with fluency in graphic design practices and web production software.
- 2 years in a design role with progressive responsibilities. Experience in multiple disciplines would be considered an asset – interactive, graphic, web and print design and on-line marketing.
- Computer proficiency in a PC environment
- Familiar with Adobe InDesign and Canva
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and ability to interpret concepts, direction and program strategy for use in interactive, graphic, web and print design and on-line marketing.
- Must possess excellent layout design, print and typography knowledge. Creative flair and strong design insight also a benefit.
- Highly motivated, highly skilled, confident with impeccable eye for layout and an obsessive attention to detail.
- Possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude and infectious drive for success.
- Ability to effectively manage many multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Teamwork, innovation and a strong sense of deliverables are KEY in this role.
- Ability and passion to support programs and projects while managing to meet deliverables, deadlines and expectations are essential.
Only those applications who meet the minimum qualifications will be granted an interview.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume online to: email@example.com with subject as: Junior Graphic Designer in Woodbridge, ON, Canada.