Looking for a very hands-on role where you will be required to spend more time on the shop floor than at a desk. Ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done!?
We are looking for a Plant Supervisor that can plan, direct, organize, and control the day-to-day operation of our manufacturing facility and warehouse, which includes but is not limited to shipping/receiving, supply chain management, packaging, order processing, and inventory control.
This role reports to our Director of Operations and is responsible for supervising hourly team members, safeguarding company assets, and controlling the operation and activities of each hourly team member.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with Director of Operations on daily basis to openly discuss issues impacting the operations
- Oversee the daily operations of the Distribution Center and its manufacturing operations
- Ensure that business is executed at the lowest cost consistent with effective performance
- Oversee the hiring, training, cross-training and development of staff for optimal performance
- Perform regular performance evaluations, discipline and terminate as appropriate to ensure effective performance.
- Ensure company safety policies and procedures are adhered to
- Confirm that all orders are prepared on a timely basis and meet the quality standards
- Review order pick-ups to ensure our orders are filled correctly, review returns to determine deficiencies and correct existing procedures to reduce return rates
- Ensure that inventory is received, inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensure stock is stacked on a timely basis, communicate any stock out of position, and when possible, redirect orders when inventory is available in other warehouses
- Liaison between office and employees to deliver information through effective communication
- Work with head office to resolve any matters, such as payroll issues, hiring and terminating of employees, safety issues, and other items impacting personnel
- Support quality management initiatives and provide customer support when appropriate
- Assist with the continuous improvement initiatives and process improvements
- Must exhibit a positive can-do attitude and be willing to jump in and get the job done as required, at times this may translate into assisting on the shop floor
Education and Experience:
Must have 8+ years of supervisory experience required in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge of: Principles and methods of managerial techniques, distribution practices, and inventory control.
Familiarization with Microsoft office programs, internal computer programs, phone systems, and warehouse tools and equipment.
Work well with all levels of the organization, including communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Demonstrate diplomacy and fairness in decision-making and problem solving. High competence level of decision-making and problem solving required. Collect, compile, and analyze data as needed. Create reports for the director of operations on request. Open and close operations on a daily basis, even on weekends when necessary.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Vacation & paid time off
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume online to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as: Plant Supervisor in Woodbridge, ON, Canada.