To plan, direct, organize, and control the day-to-day operation of the manufacturing facility and warehouse, which includes but is not limited to shipping/receiving, supply chain management, packaging, order processing, and inventory control. Duties include supervising hourly team members, safeguarding company assets, and controlling the operation and activities of each hourly team member. The ability to make things happen, get things done and provide excellence in customer service for all of our partners.
If you are looking to sit at a desk all day… this is not the job for you. This is a very hands on role where you will be required to spend more time on the shop floor that at a desk. You will also be required to roll up your sleeves and get things done!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Distribution Center with manufacturing operations on a daily basis
- Hire, train, and develop staff to ensure efficient performance
- Mentor, train, discipline and terminate employees when appropriate
- Ensure that the operation is open for business on a daily basis
- Ensure executions of the functions at the lowest cost consistent with effective performance
- Contact the Director of Operations on daily basis to openly discuss issues impacting the operations
- Ensure company safety policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis
- Ensure that team members are competent and trained to perform the functions for which they have been hired
- Perform regular performance evaluations for the team members
- Confirm that all orders are prepared on a timely basis, ensuring high quality in our products, and reviewing open order reports to ensure that orders have not been missed
- Minimize returns by establishing procedures that ensure our orders are filled correctly
- Review order pick-ups to ensure our orders are filled correctly, and review returns to determine deficiencies and implement procedures to correct existing procedures
- Ensure that inventory is received, that stock is stacked on a timely basis, communicate any stock out of position, and when possible, redirect orders when inventory is available in other warehouses
- Provide employee information and/or seek approval from head office regarding payroll issues, hiring and terminating of employees, safety issues, and other issues impacting personnel
- To provide a liaison between head office and employees to deliver communications impacting personnel or the operations of the warehouse
- To provide customer support when appropriate
- To ensure that inventory counts are accurate
- To support quality management initiatives
- Assist with the continuous improvement initiatives and process improvements
- Ability to jump in and get the job done as required at times this may translate into assisting on the shop floor
- A can-do attitude and a positive outlook
Qualifications: Knowledge of: Principles and methods of managerial techniques, distribution practices, and inventory control. Familiarization with Microsoft office programs, internal computer programs, phone systems, and warehouse tools and equipment. Previous manufacturing leadership experience.
Ability to: Work well with all levels of the organization, including communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Demonstrate diplomacy and fairness in decision-making and problem solving. High competence level of decision-making and problem solving required. Collect, compile, and analyze data as needed. Create reports for the director of operations on request. Open and close operations on a daily basis, even on weekends when necessary.
Education and Experience: Minimum of 8 years of supervisory experience required in a manufacturing environment.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume online to: email@example.com with subject as: Plant Supervisor in Woodbridge, ON, Canada.