Roma Moulding is proud to be an award winner for Waterstone Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture Award!
Authenticity remains integral to the Roma Moulding brand, which is why we continue to manufacture our products exclusively in Italy, partnering with artisans and their families who have been passing these traditions and techniques down from generation to generation for hundreds of years.
This position will support the Finance team and be mentored by the CFO to ensure accurate and complete fiscal compliance. In this role you will rely on your keen attention to detail to create, prepare, and maintain financial for the leadership team and other members of Roma.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare financial documents and financial statements on a monthly basis for management, and third-party users.
• Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts, inter-company accounts and prepare and post adjusting entries monthly.
• Create, prepare, and maintain monthly reporting such as sales budgets, operating budgets, expense allocation, etc.
• Manage the cash flow for both the Canadian and US sides of the business and forecast the foreign exchange needs.
• Oversee, coach, and support the accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other financial team members.
• Aid in the data gathering and preparation of financial documentation for external vendors.
• Assist with corporate tax planning and completing tax filings as required.
• Maintain fixed assets records for both asset additions and disposals
• Ensure positive continuous improvement to the accounting and reporting function and associated processes,
• Ensure that financial and accounting policies and programs are followed in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Perform other duties as required
Education & Experience:
• 5 – 7 years experience in a financial reporting and analysis role or as a Controller.
• Post secondary education in Finance/Accounting.
• Preference will be given to candidates with their CPA designation.
• Experience with accounting software. SAP experience is considered an asset.
• Experience in manufacturing or private equity/owner owned business environment considered an asset.
• Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects.
• Analytical with a knack for MS Excel.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.