The Photo Center & Art Technician will be a part of our production team at our Woodbridge location. This position will require an individual to have knowledge of art mediums, framing textiles, and the ability to use a computerized mat cutting system.
Most notably we are looking for an awesome team player!
Roma Moulding is proud to be a 2020 award winner for Waterstone Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture Award!
If you feel you can contribute to our positive work environment and possess a strong work ethic with an infectious drive for success- please read on!
• Knowledge of art mediums and methods of mounting for art mediums.
• Ability to cut 4 ply and 8 ply mats by hand.
• Knowledge of fitting.
• Ability to use a computerized mat cutting (CMC) system.
• Experience with the use of a dry mount press.
• Frame joining using an under-pinner.
• Experience framing textiles.
• Existing knowledge of framing products, and framing industry-specific tools.
• Take all reasonable and necessary precautions to ensure personal health and safety as well as that of co-workers and any other person(s).
• Report immediately to management, all unsafe and unhealthy conditions.
• Must be computer literate and possess basic arithmetic skills.
• Must possess stamina and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong work ethic.
• Very detail orientated.
• Fluent in all aspects of framing.
• Creative and a good eye for design.
• Works efficiently as part of a team.
• Any other duties as assigned by the warehouse leader or CEO.
• Work with various team members. This area carries a low to moderate decision-making ability. This individual has a low to moderate level of responsibility, which helps produce as many joined frames as available on a daily basis. The total amount will vary depending on orders. Read orders, check orders, and verify the content of orders. Pay attention to details.
• Warehouse experience an asset. Previous experience in the framing industry is a must.
• Good mathematical skills for taking measurement.
• Strong attention to detail.
• High level of accuracy.
• Quick learner.
• This position is full-time – Monday to Friday.
• At times, weekend work may be required in times of high volume.
• The standard working week is 40 hours, however, due to special project responsibility and deadlines there are times at which work outside of these hours will be required.
• On-the-job training is provided.
• This area carries a moderate decision-making ability.
• This individual has a moderate to high level of responsibility.
Interested candidates should submit their resume online to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as: Photo and Art Assembler in Woodbridge, Ontario.